January 20, 2011

Writing on the Wall

Today I thought I'd share some of my recent efforts to put some "WRITING on the wall"...

Grandfather loved to decorate his golfing hats with buttons... 
 since the fad of pinning buttons to your purse or key lanyard is 
"so last decade" 
I decided to pin some of my favorites on the wall next to an inspiring quote Grandfather had on his wall...
"DON'T COUNT THE DAYS, MAKE THE DAYS COUNT" 
now these fun messages welcome me into my creative workspace!



 I found this piece at Goodwill Keepers in Mission Viejo
We thought it'd be convenient to keep some READING & WRITING materials on the wall outside the bathroom door! ...Entrepreneur Magazine and my Page-A-Day Calendar 2010 ToDo Lists!


These are fun stick-ons I recently put up on a wall and added the touch of a "G" that we used as a decoration at our wedding! 
Fun to give it a new purpose here in our new home!


Now bear me with me for a minute on this next one...


You might be thinking..."D, this is supposed to be about writing on the wall...what do your jewelry have to do with that!?"
Well... I've been hoping to do this with my accessories for quite some tie... AND...when we were shopping in Palm Springs over Thanksgiving, and I found this 
OLD PRINTER'S DRAWER at a thrift store! 
It was previously used to store the LETTER STAMPS that would be put into a printing press... 
and now it's a fun display piece for my earrings :-)




1 comment:

  1. I saw another person use one of these drawers filled with little nicknacks and a glass piece on top and turned it into a coffee table. what a conversation piece!

    ReplyDelete