February 12, 2011

From the Heart Friday... February Vogue

Can you remember a time when you were going about your day and suddenly realized your perspective or your goals in the situation were all turned around? 
When we let our time, our "to-do" list, or our expectations get in the way... we will undoubtedly find ourselves missing out on treasures!

Exactly year ago, I got to leave work a little early on a Friday, so I rushed over to the Irvine Assistance League Thrift Store before they closed. I'm a "Thrift Store Addict" so once inside, I immediately began searching through the home section in hopes of something for our apartment, a fun Valentine's outfit, new piece of jewelry, or maybe something for my Valentine... But nothing in the store was just right for me.

As I walked to the exit of this little shop and said thanks to the nice lady volunteers... I spotted something at the entrance display I hadn't seen on my way in

This wooden tray, with a painted mirror base... it was PERFECT for my cousin whose birthday was that day! She is an amazing artist and is wonderful with portraits and designing clothing, costumes and such -- plus her birthday is in February!



What a difference it made to take a moment, slow down and take a second look at what I had missed at the beginning of my treasure hunt that afternoon... Happy birthday, cousin :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment