February 3, 2011

Once upon a garage sale...

I've been discovering lately that I am very similar to my Nanna...and I love spending time with her. There are several stories I'm excited to tell about how our 
"creative minds think alike"...

She told me a great story the other day which just emphasized one more way I inherited my 
resourceful personality and love for rummage....

 She found these legs at a garage sale and was determined to put them to good use! So her hubby crafted a top for it, painted it all white...and it's been in her home for decades!!! 



I'm honored to have my picture on the tabletop!
It's me on a bike in Sweden (our homeland)!


Grandpa Bill died several years before I was born,
but I love hearing stories about him!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweet Dee...not only did you get your love for thrift shopping from your Nana....Your MaJean (greatgrandma)was the most creative person I know and she lived in thrift stores. I will have to tell you stories and maybe some pictures while on our AZ trip..:-) She would take a whole bedroom set and refinish it...tables...etc. She could bake a 'box' out of anything..(me and my stupid box fetish..lol) She would also buy a size 14 garment and turn it into a size 6 to fit herself....So fun !!! talk to you later. xox

    ReplyDelete