March 14, 2011

...a coffee table facelift... no feet allowed!

The past month has kept me away from the computer due to some laptop failure, sickness, and travel! But I'm happy to be back... hope you are too :-)

I saw some pics on Facebook from a friend who recently moved and decided to tackle a refurbishing project!  Here's the before & after pics and their story in Whitney's words...







It was QUITE an intensive project so Steve and I are pretty attached to our table now. We call it our baby : )

The table was actually given to Steve in college from his uncle so he could have at least one piece of furniture! I liked the table when I first saw it. I thought it had a beachy/surfer charm to it and I knew that it would be really cute if we just gave it a little "facelift." So I told Steve that I wanted to make it my project to paint and stain the coffee table. He told me it was going to be a lot of work, but I figured it really couldn't be that bad. 


Ohhh was I wrong! Actually getting the blue paint off took an incredibly long amount of time and we had to use a combination of sanding and paint remover to finally get it to a "paintable" place. After the painting and staining was done, we bought new drawer handles from a little boutique store here and got the drawer liners from Chic Shelf Paperhttp://www.chicshelfpaper.com/. This site is great because they allow you to customize the size of the paper so no cutting is necessary.  The stain is called Dark Walnut and it's from Ace Hardware. 


Great work Whit & Steve. We miss you guys... but I'm happy to see you're making yourself at home :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment