January 25, 2011

Warm Buddies

My mom has passed down several fun traditions of crafts and recipes...here's an easy favorite!

This holiday season, my sister and I decided to spread the love by gifting some WARM BUDDIES to some friends and family!  What's a warm buddy? It's a pouch of rice that you can microwave and use to keep warm or apply to sore muscles on your body!


Step 1: Select a piece of fabric approx 30in x 20 in .
Step 2: Fold it in half with the inside-out.
Step 3: Sew the two sides adjacent to the fold to make whatever size pouch you'd like.
Step 4: Turn the pouch right side out & fill about 2/3 full with rice.
(Optional: sometimes we add coffee beans or other aroma enhancers!)
Step 5: Sew the open edge shut!

Microwave for about 3 minutes... and enjoy!!!

My favorite one was for my hubby!

He has kept a flannel shirt that was his dad's from the 70's. It had huge holes in the pits, but he kept it around!
I decided that it was time to re-purpose the shirt and make it into a warm buddy.

Now, we've kept this memorable shirt by making use of the fun fabric!!



Thanks for the fun, Mom!

1 comment:

  1. What a good wife! I don't know that I've made anything really hand made for Mr. Bumblebee besides dinner :) Maybe you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete